Kategorie: Events, Partys, Vorträge, Veranstaltungen, Workshops, DJ Gigs Tags: artist, berlin, berlin-mitte, booking, clubs, contact, culture, dj, djs, economy, electronic, electronic music, english, house, jan-michael kühn, mitte, mixes, music, politics, social media, techno
Many young DJs dream of playing in clubs, living from their DJ gigs, playing in their favourite clubs and traveling not only through Germany but also around the world. After a few years of unsuccessfulness, however, there is a certain disillusionment among many of them. The bookings do not come in, in social networks hardly anyone shares their mixes or releases.
In this workshop, we will discuss the causes, explain the Do’s & Don’ts as well as established success strategies, bust myths, explain best practices and expectations that will help you to get into the clubs.
Next Date: 1.8.2017, 14-18:00 Uhr
(Private coachings also possible, contact coaching (at) berlin-mitte-institut.de)
Lecturer: Dr. Jan-Michael Kühn
Fee: 15 Euro
Location: Music Pool Berlin, Warschauer Str. 70a, 10243 Berlin
- DJ self-awareness: What do I want to achieve? Passion vs. professional DJ career
- Briefly: Structure and culture of house / techno scene economy
- What promoters want
- Structure of line-ups
- Typical errors that you should avoid / Myth busting
- Presentation of 4 established success strategies
- Market value & fee politics
- Matthäus Principle & The Turn: Suddenly you are popular, other promoters contact you
- Booking Agencies & Artist Managment: When do they do, when are they useful?